A passionate storyteller and content producer with over 10 years of experience creating, capturing, and managing media projects and productions. Proven ability to oversee, coordinate, write, produce, shoot, and edit various assignments delivered on deadline with audience-capturing flair.
• Strong creative eye and editorial skills.
• Excellent technical production and post-production skills.
• Exceptional multi-tasking and project management skills.
Specialties: Content Development & Creation, Producing, Writing, Videography, Editing, Still Photography, Social Media Marketing, and Creative Brand Storytelling.
• Graduate of Algonquin College, Television Broadcasting Program
• Independent Film and Television Certificate Program, Algonquin College
• Cinematography Workshop Series, Ryerson Polytechnic University
• Still Photography Courses, Ottawa School Of Art, SPAO & Algonquin College
• Tease Writing and Storytelling Workshops, 602 Communications
Social Media Specialist
Chewie’s Biscuit Co
2018 - Present
• Develop and execute social media and marketing strategy for new fast casual restaurant.
• Create voice and brand identity on all channels - FB, IG & Twitter.
• Inspire and engage followers and influencers.
• Generate, manage, and publish all original and user-generated content (photography & video).
• Respond to comments and questions.
• Design and track paid ad campaigns - IG, FB & Google.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report analytics.
Freelance, APTN National News, Ottawa & Vancouver
2013 - Present
• Pitch, write, shoot, edit, voice, and package stories and profiles.
• Operates camera and related broadcasting equipment including news gathering, shooting interviews, b-roll, stand ups, stock footage, stills, 'Pool Duty', etc.
• Conducts live and live to tape double-enders from studio or remote locations.
• Completes rough and final edits on non-linear editing system.
Producer - Photographer - Videographer
Freelance, Ottawa, Toronto & Vancouver
2009 - Present
• Develop creative image campaigns - print, web, social media, branding, etc.
• Coordinate, produce, and capture all shoots, in studio or on location, using natural light and strobes.
• Build relationships and work with clients to determine project needs and goals.
• Book equipment, locations, and assistants.
• Manage all expenses and billing.
• Post-production editing, retouching, colour correction, and file management.
Social Media & Content Producer
Chewies Steam & Oyster Bar, Vancouver
2015 - 2018
• Generate, photograph, edit, and publish content (stills, video & graphics) that builds meaningful connections with followers and encourages members to take action.
• Brand identity and recognition through social media, website, and advertising.
• Respond to online communications with guests, followers, and potential members.
• Rebuild and maintain website using Squarespace.
• Create newsletters using MailChimp.
• Design and package content using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Monitor analytics, design and track paid ad campaigns - IG & FB.
2010 - 2012
• Shoots a variety of news, entertainment, and sports footage for 'CTV Ottawa' and 'CTV National News'.
• Prepare, align and, set up ENG camera package for pre-recorded and live to air productions.
• Provide direction and training to new on-camera reporters and student reporters.
2006 - 2009
• Produce and package ‘Profile’, ‘POPaganda’ and ‘Revival’ from original and archival material.
• Write scripts, voice over, and detailed paper edits.
• Interview artists and commentators.
• Direct voice over and edit sessions.
• Research - online and archival.
• Pitch new series and show ideas.
2004 – 2006
• Conceive, produce, and manage story line of ‘A-Channel Morning’ and ‘A-Channel At Noon’.
• Determine the style, pace, line-up, and format of both live programs including field pieces.
• Research, write, and prepare scripts and background briefs for all hosts.
• Build and maintain large contact base, including chase and book guests.
GPI Corporation, Toronto
2001 - 2003
• Develop, produce, and write segments for ‘A Place In The Sun’, ‘Distant Roads’ and ‘That’s Boating’.
• Direct field shoots, edit sessions, and voice-over.
• Organize and book travel arrangements, accommodations, and freelance crews for all productions.
• Research locations, chase and persuade new guests, and conduct pre-interviews.
Videographer - Story Producer
Alliance Atlantis / u8tv.com, Toronto
2001 - 2003
• Produce, shoot, and edit a variety of news, entertainment, and reality segments for Life Network, IFC, Pride Vision, and One.
• Generate story ideas.
• Provide guidance and direction to all talent.
• Chase and book guests.
Junior Creative Services Producer
The New RO, Ottawa
2000 - 2001
• Create and write local commercials and station promotions.
• Organize: timing, planning, shooting schedule, booking facilities, and paper edits.
• Audition and finalize talent.
• Direct edit sessions and voice talent.
• Assist Creative Director with Media Relations - drafting media alerts and press releases, handling media inquiries, event planning, and day of event assistance.